Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Cumberland
A facsimile reprint of the 1924 edition, showing the area as it was at the turn of the 20th century.
This detailed map gives good coverage of the small town of Brampton, with coverage extending from Townfoot Farm eastward to Cumcatch.
Features include the town centre with individual buildings neatly shown, Tweed Mill, Old Brewery, St Martin’s Hall, Market Place, Moot Hall, The Mote, New Brewery, St Martin’s church, Sands area, cattle market, railway branch with Staith and station site (it had closed in 1923), Catgallows Hill, Howgate, Warren House etc. On the reverse we include extracts from a 1901 directory for Brampton.