phone symbol

01228 529067

Wigton 1924

Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Cumberland

£3.00

These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.

The main map covers the town centre and the area north and west. Features include St Mary’s church, Durafit Works, Thomlinson Girls’ Grammar School, Bog, tannery, Western Bank, railway with station, Preserve Works, Printfield, Standingstone, Highfield House (former workhouse), Wigton Hall, Friends Meeting House, Aikhead.

On the reverse we include part of adjacent sheet 29.06 extending coverage eastward to include Nelson School, Burnfoot, Convent and St Cuthbert’s RC church, Public Baths, East End.

publisher:

Godfrey

Publication Date:

2014 September

format:

Folded Map

ISBN:

9781847848192