Carlisle (North West) 1924
Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Cumberland
This detailed map covers the busy NW area of Carlisle, with coverage extending from English Street northward to Thornton Road and Etterby Scaur, and westward to Stainton. Much of the city centre is included.
Features include Cathedral, northern approaches to station with track layout shown, Port Carlisle Branch Junction, LNER Canal Branch, Canal Junction, Canal Engine Shed, Etterby Junction, Holy Trinity church, Lowther Street area, Public Market, Town Hall, Market Place, Sands, Stanwix, tramways, Newtown, Parhambeck, Willow Holme, Cumberland Infirmary, River Eden, Battail Holme, city centre with individual buildings neatly shown, New Brewery, Castle, Crown & Mitre Hotel, etc.
On the reverse we provide a bonus map, with the Inch to the Mile map covering the area west of the city c.1895; this covers the area from Carlisle westward to Port Carlisle, Bowness and Abbey Town.