Carlisle (North East) 1924
Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Cumberland:
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
This detailed map covers the NE area of Carlisle, with coverage extending from Cecil Street and Spencer Street eastward to Tilbury Road, and from Portland Square northward to Rickerby Park.
Features include Warwick Road area, Brunton Place, football ground, Botcherby, part of Aglionby Ward, St Andrew’s Mission church, St Paul’s church, Chatsworth Square, Stony Holme, River Eden, Rickerby, Rickerby House, etc.
On the reverse we provide a bonus map, the Inch to the Mile map for the area east of Carlisle in 1895, covering the area from Carlisle’s eastern suburbs eastward to Slaggyford and northward to Gilsland.