Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Westmorland:
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
This detailed map covers the centre of Kendal, with coverage stretching from Sandes Avenue southward to Romney Road, and from Ghyll Brow eastward to Castle Street.
Features include town centre with individual buildings neatly shown, Kendal Castle, Boot Factory, Stricklandgate and High Street area in detail, County Hospital, River Kent, Castle Mills, Abbot Hall, Sanatorium, Cemetery, Holy Trinity church, Serpentine Walks, Dalton House, Goose Holme, Maude’s Meadow, mills, Nether Bridge, Mill Bridge, Stramongate Bridge, Grammar School, The Lound, Gillingrove Brewery etc. We include a list of Private Residents from a 1914 directory on the reverse.
Please note this map was previously available under the title Kendal (South).