phone symbol

01228 529067

Cockermouth 1898

Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Cumberland

£3.00

This detailed map, covering about 1 mile by 1.5 miles, is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers the town centre, with coverage extending northward to Bell Vue and Hamesbottom Wood, and from Derwent Lodge and The Fitz eastward to St Helen’s Tannery. Features include Hames Hall, Goatmill Bridge, Derwent Mills, River Derwent, Cockermouth Castle, Goat area, Fitz Mill, town centre with individual buildings neatly shown, Agricultural Hall, railway with goods station, Workhouse, Main Street area, All Saints church, Drill Hall, Castle Brewery etc.

On the reverse we include part of adjacent sheet 54.08 extending coverage southward to include railway station, Atlas Works, cemetery, Tanneries, Double Mills, golf course, Rubbybanks Mill, The Moor, River Cocker.

publisher:

Godfrey

Publication Date:

1991

format:

Folded map.

ISBN:

9780850543872

illustrations:

Map.