phone symbol

01228 529067

Maryport 1899

Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Cumberland

£3.00

This detailed map is double-sided for maximum coverage. The main map covers most of the town centre and docks, with coverage extending from North Street southward to Collins Terrace and Maryport Dock Junction, and from Lawson Street westward to the shore. Features include River Ellen, town centre with individual buildings neatly delineated, St Mary’s church, Fleming Square, Market House; LNWR railway with Whitehaven Junction, goods station, engine shed, part of railway station, Dock Branch, many sidings into docks; Ellenborough Colliery, Solway Iron Works, Senhouse Dock, Elizabeth Dock, Glasson, Mote Hill, Old Harbour, North Harbour etc. Sheet 44.04 to the north is included as an insert, including Flour Mill, Parade Ground, Tannery.

On the reverse extended coverage eastward to include Ellenborough, Netherton, Netherhall, Kirkborough, All Souls church, eastern part of station, Ewanrigg Hall (at foot of map), Hayborough (at east of map).

publisher:

Godfrey

Publication Date:

2005

format:

Folded Map

ISBN:

9780850543339