Carlisle (SW) 1924
Old Ordnance Survey Maps of Cumberland
These detailed maps normally cover an area of about one and a half miles by one mile. Each map includes an introduction.
This detailed map covers the SW area of Carlisle, with coverage extending from Crown Street and Red Bank Terrace westward to Morton Park, and from the prison southward to Currock Junction.
Features include part of Citadel station (in NE corner of map), LNER Canal Branch, LMSR Goods Line, LMSR Engine Shed, Dentonholme Goods Station, Viaduct Goods Station, Denton Hill Works, Denton Holme area, Court Square, carriage sheds, Holme Head area, Holme Head Works, cemetery, St Cuthbert’s Ward, Caldewgate Ward, River Caldew, Currock House, Lamplugh Works, Murrell Hill House, Morton, Morton Park, Strathclyde House (Home for Incurables), Newlaithes Hall, tramways, various works, etc.
On the reverse we include a selection of street directory entries, including Bassenthwaite Street, Lorne Street, Newcastle Street, Norfolk Street, Richardson Street, Westmorland Street.
Alan Godfrey Maps