A Rucksack Readers adventurous walk
This Rucksack Readers guide to the Cumbrian Way contains all that a walker needs to plan and enjoy their holiday.
The Cumbria Way begins at Ulverston and heads north for 73 miles (123 km) through the unspoiled dales with stone-built farms of the Lake District, running around charming lakes and passing beneath rugged fells. Busy tourist towns and villages contrast with woodland, wild fellside, high passes and remote moorlands. The Way passes over the summit of High Pike (658 m) with panoramic views, and descends to the historic border city of Carlisle.
– detailed route descriptions
– background on geology, farming and history
– wildlife information supported by superb photographs
– map of entire route in 4 drop-down panels (1:110,000)
– information about public transport and travel
– AND it’s rainproof!
Spiral bound; 220 x 145mm.
80 colour photographs